Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Man with the Dirty Pants

This past weekend I did not want to stay at home and do the things I needed to do (like laundry, dishes, etc). So I decided to go to Lowe's to pick out some paint color samples for the baby's room. I really also wanted to pick out some pretty flowers and other fun plants to landscape my front yard with. BUT, since I have the world's worst allergies I knew I would pay (for the next 24hrs) for even 5 minutes in the garden department...so, I stuck to paint samples and other odds and ends for the nursery. My Lowe's adventure did not last me long enough though. I had looked at everything I could think to look at...but I wasn't ready to go back home...so I went next door to the mall.

After shopping for a birthday present for my niece...and of course looking at the incredibly cute baby things...and picking out a cute monkey outfit for the boy...and looking at men's clothes for the hubby...and purses for me...I finally made my way to the checkout. The only checkout I could find with a cashier.

There was a man standing in front of me returning a pair of sunglasses and it was taking FOREVER! So I waited patiently...with my back killing me...while thinking seriously about getting something very unhealthy to eat as a snack once I left the mall...maybe a milkshake...or a giant cookie...no a milkshake sounds better.

So while I am contemplating my unhealthy snack options I notice that the guy in front of me has something on his pants. They were dark pants...so I couldn't tell exactly what it was. I stared a little more intently...nope...still couldn't tell what it was. So I gave up and glanced at the cashier just in time to see that there was a mirror directly behind the cashier and the man with dirty pants was watching me stare at his rear.

I really, really wanted to tell him that I did not find his hind quarters attractive in any way and that in fact there was something on his pants...and that I was only looking so hard to try to figure out what it was...and wasn't it my business to know what was on his pants? But I finally decided - who cares - I am pregnant... my back was killing me... I wanted something to eat... so dirty-pants-man can just think what he wants. Maybe it boosted his ego a bit to have some pregnant woman intensely check out his rear. And hey, everyone needs a boost now and then.

1 comment:

joyfuljourney said...

It cracks me up how you get yourself in these little situations!

So, did you get the milkshake?