Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You know you're the mom of a boy when...

Your entire day revolves around the trash man. Let me explain...

The day starts with helping dad take out the trash...
(is that not the cutest trash-taking-out outfit you have ever seen?!?!)
We never know when the trash man will arrive, but the boy can hear him coming from a mile away. That loud engine and squealing brakes can't hide from him... no sir! So, I had gotten the signal from the boy that he was coming and we sat eagerly in front of the playroom windows waiting... and waiting... and waiting. After 10 minutes of waiting we both lost interest. I assumed I had somehow missed the truck earlier in the morning. So we went to have lunch.

Then it happened... I heard the squealing brakes... I knew he was close, but where? I ran to the back door and flung it open to listen... he was coming. So I yanked the boy out of his highchair and sprinted into the playroom. Then we waited... and waited... and waited. ARGH!!!

Here we sat watching nothing while lunch was getting cold. But being the clever mom that I am, I had an idea. Lunch... in the playroom! Perfect!

Here he comes...

Front row seat to the action!

Bye Mr. Trash Man!
See you Friday!

(Yes, that's right. We get to do this again on Friday!)

2 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

Wait, I have to wipe the tears from my eyes. Whew! That was hilarious! No pictures of a kid in a high chair have ever been cuter or funnier. He cracks me up! How clever of you to give us the boy's view of the event.

The trash truck is exciting around here too, but I doubt anyone would be interested in lunching at the window just to watch the magic.

By the way, yes, the daddy's taking-out-the-trash outfit is quite adorable!! Just glad C is the only one without pants!

Tricia Rush Richner said...

Oh my! Yes, it is quite fun. We also get big excitement out of big trucks and excavation equipment.