Saturday, April 17, 2010

Today she's 11 months old... sniff... sniff...

Carinna,
Today you are 11 months old. I can't believe time has passed so quickly and that next month you will be having your first birthday! I am so excited to have your party... but I am also so sad that you are growing out of your babyhood so very quickly!

You are such a stinker, but you make us laugh every day! You are rotten too! I think I am okay with that though! You love attention and will do most anything to get it. If daddy walks by you without acknowledging that you are there, you will have a little hissy fit until he comes back to get you. You also love to snuggle! You will wrap your little arms tightly around my neck and lay your head on my shoulder when you are tired. It is the absolute best feeling in the world!
A couple of weeks ago you decided that you could crawl up the slide on the fort in the playroom. You worked really hard until you could get your little fat legs all the way up to the top. I think it is just fantastic... and I mean that as sarcastically as possible. I am not thrilled that I can't leave you alone in the playroom without worrying that you might fall off the fort! But you are quite stubborn and you will climb up there any time you feel like it... or at least that is how I read that look you give me when I get you down.
You now have four teeth... finally! You just got the fourth one a couple of days ago. You love to grind them which makes cringe every time I hear it!
You had your 9 month checkup at 10 1/2 months... I made your appointment 2 weeks before you were 9 months old and that was the soonest I could get you in. But anyway, at your appointment you weighed 18 lbs and are 27 inches long. You are in the 15% for height and head circumference and 25% for weight (it's those thighs... sorry to tell you)!
You are so happy! It doesn't take much for us to get you to laugh. You really think your brother is funny too. Sometimes in the car he will make you laugh so hard that he will start laughing. I love driving down the street listening to the two of you crack each other up!
Your brother loves you lots... unless you mess with his trains (we are working on that)! He always wants you to sit as close to him as possible when we eat. I have to keep your highchair pulled away from him a little because he won't eat and will just play with you if I let you get too close! You pretend like you are going to give him a bite of your food... but at the last minute you stick it in your own mouth. It's pretty cute!
You are starting to stand on your own. I thought you were going to take a step this morning, but you chickened out at the very last minute. But it won't be long! I bet you will be walking right around your birthday! You will walk while holding on to our hands... and it is so hilarious because you arch your back and stick your belly way out as your walk! We walk you around just so we can laugh at the way you look while doing it... it even makes Caden laugh!
We love you so much! You are such a joy! I look forward to watching you grow into the person you will become! Happy 11 month birthday sweet girl!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How cute! That 4th picture reminded me of Viv.