Sunday, January 23, 2011

Excuses... excuses...

So... I fully intended to really get back into the blogging again with the new year... but obviously that didn't happen. I could say that it was because I was without my camera for several weeks after Christmas. Or I could say that it was due to the fact that we have been remodeling for a couple of months and things are a huge, HUGE disaster that I am still trying to dig out of. But... those would just be my excuses... who cares about those!

This year we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with just our little family doing whatever we wanted! It was so fun!!

As is our tradition, we kicked off Christmas Eve with baking cookies for Santa. Carinna had her own bottle of sprinkles... it was a bit frightening!

I think she liked decorating cookies!

So did he!

Carinna had to sample each one! I barely snagged Santa's cookie away before she got to it.

After cookies we read the Polar Express.

Then we laid out the cookies and carrots. We left Gatorade for Santa because Caden had been running fever and we were banning milk at the time!

I think Santa likes Gatorade... because there was not a drop left!

Santa's gifts were such a hit that we couldn't get the kids to open the gifts under the tree!

Carinna got babies... of course!

It was a great day! Such a blessing to spent the entire day playing with the kids, eating and making memories!

No comments: