Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Did you know?

Did you know that after Thanksgiving it is impossible to find yard stakes for your Christmas lights?

Me either.

Stupid me...I only bought 50 back when I decided that I wantd to run lights down the sidewalk...I needed 100. So on Saturday afternoon when I finally had time to work on it, I started putting out the lights and realized we were not going to have enough stakes.

No biggie...I thought.

So the husband and I lock up the house and make a dash to Wal-Mart (which I thought was going to be the worst part of our outing...Wal-Mart on Saturday).

Well, just as I expected, the Christmas section was so jam packed with people you couldn't even drive a shopping cart through it (not that people weren't trying to anyway). And low and behold...no stakes...and none expected in any time soon. We were told to try to think of an alternative.

So we head off to Lowe's. No stakes. Now keep in mind that I have half of the sidewalk done.

So, after a couple of other stores, we decide we are going to have to rig it ourselves. Here is our solution.

Wire hangers & Zip ties

The husband cut and shaped the hangers while I zip tied my little heart out. But I think it turned out okay!

Half the time I was out there... zip tying each and every light on... the lady down the street was standing there watching me. Like "Ha, I got my stakes in plenty of time...LOSER." I almost went and asked her if she wanted to help, but I thought that would not be very Christmas spirity!

Oh and thanks hubby for making the make shift yard stakes... even though you would have been more than happy to not have any outside lights at all!

2 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

He's such a problem-solver!!!

I bet it looks great!

kacole said...

Yes, he is such a problem solver...but this was my solution to the problem...he did the wire bending!

Just FYI!