Monday, September 10, 2007

One Month...

Caden turned a month old on Saturday! We celebrated by sitting around the house and doing nothing (except laundry). It was great...I guess.
Here are some highlights of this week:
This week Caden has started smiling (which is really good because he has also decided to stop napping which doesn't make for the happiest baby or mommy - but when he smiles all the frustration is quickly forgotten). Getting a picture of it, however, is like getting a picture of Bigfoot! Here is a semi-smile.


First bath without crying!


Here he was attempting to look completely interested in dinner conversation with Grandma and Pawcaw - but he fell asleep.

Objects in picture appear larger than they really are. I swear he is not this huge, it was just a bad angle!

Hanging out in his fave chair...again!

You may notice that there is always a laundry basket in the background of his pictures. There are 2 reasons for this.

1) I am too lazy/busy/tired to Photoshop them out of EVERY photo.

2) It has become an ever-present fixture on my living room floor because nobody told me that we would have a load of baby laundry to do EVERY SINGLE DAY! I did NOT know these things pooped, peed and spit-up quite so much! And when you only have so many outfits that fit said baby at the time...you either have a naked baby or laundry every day!








5 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

I can't stop laughing. I don't know which is cuter, sleeping on G'ma, the almost grin, or the FAT picture!!!

I need to see him. You need to make a roadtrip to the hometown this weekend so I can see that grin myself!

ShelleyRo said...

By the way, you have laundry to do every single day no matter how many clothes you own for the baby.....it seems to be one of those "things" God doesn't make you remember between babies so you want to do it again.

Conbob said...

Wait until you add another child to the mix one of these days. Then you really won't believe how much laundry there will be! Caden is adorable! I need to see him!

Conbob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beaver said...

I so enjoy getting to see little snippits of humor from your new life as MOM! Get a handle on the laundry now, 'cause it only gets worse! Keep sharing your fun! I love reading!

Oh, and we're heading that way twice in November for events at the big college! Maybe we'll get to see you at church! We thought we'd try to go on Sunday morning before we head home so we can see Martin and his family, too.