Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pray for Copeland

I found this blog from another blog that I enjoy reading. They were asking for prayer for this family who was about to deliver a sweet baby girl. This sweet baby girl has Trisomy 18 (which, if you recall, is the disease that we thought Caden could possibly have). Copeland has lived, amazingly, for an entire week and has been free of all "tubes" throughout most of that time (feeding tube, oxygen, etc). Her parents are hanging in there, but of course this is not an easy time.

I have been completely engrossed in their story and I can't seem to get them off of my mind or out of my heart. I fall apart every time I read their updates and I pray and pray for them (although I hardly know what to pray). I am continually thankful that God has blessed us immensely with a healthy boy. The reality of this disease is so horrible, I can't imagine how they make it through each day. I also know how fragile a new mother's emotions are those first few weeks, so I have a huge respect for how this mother is holding it together. They seem to be an amazing family with tremendous faith in God's will for them.

If you are a praying person, please pray for this little family.

1 comment:

joyfuljourney said...

I read their blog, too. It's heartbreaking, but amazing. The faith of the parents...

The other day I went in to wake Eryn up from her nap and I just stared at her, thanking God that she didn't have that horrible Trisomy 18! It was such a scary time when they thought she might and how desperate her parents were for prayer. Then Caden... It's unbearable to think about.

It's so hard to know what to pray. Little Eliot was such a blessing to his family for those few months. I want the same for this family. I also pray they will never lose their faith and trust in Him.