Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Poop pondering....

This morning Caden stopped eating about halfway through his bottle so I sat him up to get him to burp. (The kid burps like a sailor!) And after he burped I started in on my usual "Yea! That was a good burp! Good job buddy!!" ...and I realized that I was actually excited about my kid loudly expelling gas from his mouth.

...excited...actually excited

Just when did I start to get excited about burps, toots and poops? I started thinking about it all and realized that I carefully scrutinize poopy diapers, check the color of snot and judge burps on a scale of "not-so-good-needs-to-burp-again" to "ohhhh-good-one-we're-done-here". Isn't it interesting how your whole outlook changes? Life will never be the same.


Chubby Cheeks

3 comments:

LIFe - Matt said...

I think I've always been excited about those things.

joyfuljourney said...

Sadly, you will lower your standards on lots of things concerning body functions!

Daniel came home from the store last night with a whoopee cushion that has a very disgusting and convincing sound! It's sad when a whoopee cushion sound is normal in your house.

Wait until your little man begins announcing it everytime his body makes a noise. Like you didn't already hear it.

ShelleyRo said...

It is less cute when your little girl does it. I've noticed when she's with Dave she is so proud when she lets it out, with me it's, "hang on, I got to get on daddy's side of the bed for this", followed by...."sorry momma, I couldn't help it".