Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A poop pondering clarification...

There seems to be some confusion at my house about my excitement over bodily functions and I feel the need to clarify what I mean when I say that I am excited about poop, burps, and toots. The reason I am excited is either a) this means that the baby will not be screaming because of gas pains or b) I can stop trying to get him to burp and move on with the rest of my day. This does NOT mean that I enjoy the sounds and smells related to bodily functions and it does NOT give permission for others in my household...ahem, the husband...to freely express any trapped air. Additionally, this does not mean that I want to see any poop other than my baby's...I do not examine it for fun and it does not make abstract shapes like you would see in the clouds. And even if it did I don't want to see it.

So to sum up my point, I have not become "one of the guys" who will be sitting around passing gas and laughing my head off...I am still 100% girl.

But I do have a confession...I giggle every time Caden toots while stretching, coughing or sneezing...it is just funny.

1 comment:

joyfuljourney said...

You have a "confusion" or a "confession"?

Yesterday your newly-trained-very fascinated-with-pooping-and-numbers nephew was doing his business. He called me in there to share in the experience. He informed me that he had pooped four poops. I asked if he was finished and he said, "no, not til I poop five". And that's just what he did!