Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Drinking out of a straw...(written by the boy)

The other day my mom and dad made me go with them to some places. I don't know where we were because I couldn't read, but the places had clothes and shoes and bright lights. I mostly ate my Cheerios and sat in my rolling-seat thing. Most of the day, mom kept trying to cram things on my feet while saying things like "Why don't they make baby shoes as wide as they are long?" and "I guess you will never have shoes for the rest of your life." These things she called shoes, I didn't like them. I spent most of the time pulling them off while she was trying to get them on. I guess I won, because I still don't have any on my feet.


And did I mention that it was a very hot day? Man, my face was red and mom yanked off all my clothes in the parking lot... right in front of everyone. I had to get into the car with nothing but my Pooh diaper. Anyway, we finally got back home after making a stop at some place where they bring food out to your car on little red trays. I didn't get anything, and mom and dad just got cups. Then when we got home I decided I wanted to try what was in those cups, it sure did look good. So mom gave me a drip from her straw. HOLY GUACAMOLE (whatever that means) that was the best thing I have tasted in a while! Maybe ever. It was like my milk... only way better. Dad let me drink out of his cup then, while mom got out that big black thing she always has stuck to her face. She thought I should add these so you could see my new amazing trick:

I think I need to work out some more. Anyway, they seem to think that I am a genius (whatever that is) because I can drink from a straw. I don't know what the big deal is, give me some of that special milk and I will drink from a straw any day. Gotta go, mom says it is time for bed... crap.

4 comments:

Beaver said...

Audrey would ONLY drink out of a straw when she voluntarily gave up her bottle before her first birthday. Took me forever to find SOMETHING she would drink out of because she could NOT do the sippy cup (no idea) and she refused the bottle from then on. It finally dawned on me that she would drink out of the end of our straw if we were out eating (like that picture) and so we tried one of those juice box thingies with the sippy straw. BINGO. Sorry, she's no genius, though... Stubborn, yes. Genius, no...

JAR said...

My favorite boy post so far. I love that look he's giving his daddy, and it was hard to stop laughing after the baby bird shot. What physique!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's amazing how well you type with those stubby little drool-drenched fingers! Not bad for a .85 year old.

joyfuljourney said...

Wish I hadn't been eating when I read this! Just about spit everything out when I saw that 2nd picture! Hilarious! Kinda reminds me of the shot of Daniel giving me a kiss at your wedding. Elastic lips!

Uncle JRR shouldn't be surprised at the nephew's typing ability, considering the sharpie skills displayed when he slept thru the night!

Pure genius.