Monday, September 08, 2008

The Pack Rat

A few weeks ago I purchased some storage totes from Wal-Mart that happened to be on sale. It was all part of the back-to-school, tax free weekend stuff. Always being in need of storage containers I felt that I should stock up. They sat in the kitchen/dining area for a couple of days because... well, because I didn't know where their permanent home would be.


Well, the boy... he thought they were there just for him (as he does with everything in this house). He would push them around and bump in to just about everything in a 5 mile radius. This made me question why on earth we had dedicated an entire room to his toys when all we had to do was buy him a few $4 storage totes... I'll keep that in mind for any future children. My interaction with the totes during those days just consisted of pushing them back out of the way so that I could get by... and trying to figure out where I was going to put them.


Anyway, one morning while once again shoving them out of the way I noticed that one of them had an awful lot of stuff in it. Stuff I had not put in there. Stuff like this...

Let's see, we have 4 hangers, an old cell phone, a book, 4 or so Cheerios, a toy and some junk mail. If we were a family of pack rats I would be such a proud mama!

1 comment:

joyfuljourney said...

Wonder if he was singing "Clean up, clean up" while he was doing that?

That's adorable!

So true about toys. A box, a cardboard tube, expired coupons, the couch cushions, dirt.

Yes, DIRT. No need for a cheap plastic "shubel", a spoon will do. Nothing like flinging dirt!