Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween Happiness

This year's Halloween was so much more fun than last year! The boy still doesn't totally understand what it is about, but I think he had fun anyway!

We started off at Trunk-or-Treat at the church. It was packed this year!

He was Elmo.

Several people held out buckets for the kids to grab from... others just left their trunks open for a free-for-all!

For some reason the boy was crazy about suckers. If told to pick what he wanted out of the bucket of candy... he would always go for the suckers! He has maybe had one before in his whole life... apparently it made a good impression!

The girl just went as her cute self. And she was cute! At one point one of the teenage girls (dressed as a zombie) came up to talk to the girl... almost immediately the pouty lip came out as she prepared to go into meltdown mode. The poor teenager never did realize how her zombie make-up would be frightening to a baby. I quickly walked away yelling over my shoulder that we would see the teen girls later and to have fun... then ran... okay, walked briskly to join up with the dad and boy! All was well after that.

Then we headed home where I made them pose again for a sibling photo... I'm a mom... it's my job to make them suffer!

Then we set out in the neighborhood to trick-or -treat. The boy was so polite and said "Twick-or-tweat" at every house. And "thank you" when he got his goodies! I was glad he wasn't afraid... I guess that is a good thing.

The girl and I just stayed at the curb waiting on the boys.
Then we headed home to hand out candy... which the boy helped us with. He would give a review of all the costumes and let us know if they were "skawee!" Fun times! Now to find something to do with all this blasted candy!

3 comments:

ShelleyRo said...

so cute, sorry we missed them at the church.

Misty V said...

I let the kids eat plenty on halloween night. Then, our candy "disappears" the next day. The kids are usually happy to give it up for a special toy/stuffed animal!

Tricia Rush Richner said...

That is the second cutest Elmo I have ever seen. . .