Sunday, October 25, 2009

He's a big boy now...

Tonight at the dinner table I was helping the boy eat a banana... he has to eat them whole these days... I am no longer allowed to cut them up... he is after all, a big boy. Tonight we had the following conversation...

I asked him "Do you like bananas?"

"Yeah!" he answered.

"Do you know who else likes to eat bananas?"

"Um, I do!"

"I know you do. Do you know what animal likes to eat bananas?"

"No, mommy. Animals eat grass."

Since when did he start correcting me? And since when did he start talking so much? And furthermore, just where is he learning all of this stuff?

Well, he is a big boy now.

He has been sleeping in his big boy bed, for both naps and through the night, since Friday.

He is very proud of himself! And we are pretty proud of him too! The crib has officially been taken down. Soon it will be stored away. All the signs of his babyhood are quickly slipping away.
It is a really fun time in our lives, but sometimes it is hard to process that this is how much change occurs in only two years. It's going to be quite an adventure.

2 comments:

Tricia Rush Richner said...

Waaaaahhhhh! No, he has to stay small!

JAR said...

Yes, it will be, but such an amazing one! Even though I've watched mine grow into teenagers, I just CANNOT imagine the boy or the girl being that old!