Tuesday, August 30, 2011

5 months!

Dear Cooper,

Today you are FIVE months old! Oh my goodness (as your sister would say)! You are growing too fast!

We had fun today taking your pictures! You have been in such a great mood today...but that is pretty typical! This has been a big month for you developmentally!
You are now able to roll over front to back and back to front. You kick your legs like a maniac and between the rolling and kicking, you are starting to scoot around! You are holding your head pretty steady...though you still get tired quickly. You have started sitting in the Exersaucer and you love it! You also now sleep on your tummy...which I hate.

You have started eating rice cereal two times a day! Just like your siblings, you are a pro at eating! I usually don't even put a bib on you because hardly anything ever comes back out!

You are still wearing 12 month clothes and size 4 diapers. You weigh 20.6 lbs. I am about to put you in Carinna's old car seat because I seriously feel like I am going to have a heart attack trying to carry your infant carrier! Phew!

Carinna has given you a new nickname...Coopie Cooper. I am pretty sure it came from a SpongeBob Squarepants song that says "goofy goober"...I believe those are the words. Goofy goober and coopie Cooper rhyme in her book. Anyway, you are usually just Coopie for short!

The other morning she asked "Where's bruh-yer?" I asked her which brother she meant and told her where you were. She responded "That's NOT bruh-yer...that's COOPER!" She's not catching on to the use of the brother/ sister terms!

Caden's favorite thing right now is making you laugh! I think he is a little afraid of making a fool of himself...so he is pretty timid in his attempts! On occasion he scores a smile and a chuckle...but I think that is mostly due to the fact that you think everything brother and sister do is pretty funny...and fascinating!
You are the sweetest and most laid back baby! We all love to squeeze on you as much as possible! I can tell you will be very well taken care of by your brother and sister by the way they dote on you! Well, at least until you start to play with their toys...I'm pretty sure they won't want anything to do with you then!

We love you so much!
Happy 5 months!!!

3 comments:

ShelleyRo said...

I love your updates on the kids-He is so cute

Anonymous said...

Making a 'fool' of yourself is reserved for grandparents!

Tricia Rush Richner said...

Ha - rotflmao - 3rd baby - being raised by other siblings. . .ha. Hope he talks for himself and not just lets others take care of everything. So sweet and cuddly - wanna eat up some of him!