Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mr. Grabby-Hands and the Valentine's Day That Wasn't

My goal for this week was to take some super cute Valentine's Day pictures and send out some super duper cute cards to celebrate V Day and the fact that the boy is now 6 months old! But the boy has had a fairly high fever all week and has been in NO mood to pose for any pictures. I think he is finally getting back to his old self now, thank goodness, but there has not been much celebrating going on around here. Our Valentine's Day consisted of two tired parents and one grumpy baby... oh the joys of parenting... goodbye romantic evenings... hello poopy diapers. Anyhoo, it is all worth it and we are having fun despite the drama.

This video is one of the funniest snippets of film I have. The boy has become mister grabby hands. I can't carry him out of his room without him grabbing the light switch plate, the wall, the door... pretty much ANYTHING in his reach! He even grabs at things that are no where close to being in reach. His favorite items are the tv remote and the telephone. He can spot the remote in a pile of toys... from a mile away...in the pitch black darkness of night... he really has a gift for finding it. The stupid thing is the most dull shade of gray ever invented... but he can see it, no problem.

Well, Happy (late) Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

Even at 6 months he has a sense of the importance of the remote! Must be a boy thing. Maybe that skill will come in handy one day when no one can find the stupid thing. That's what life is like in the Jackson house.

Seeing this clip makes me want to give him a big kiss - slobbery I'm sure!

I think I heard him say, "Aunt Jill". :)

JAR said...

I agree, I think maybe this remote finding skill is a blessing rather than a curse! I sure wish mine had possessed it. For that matter, I wish anyone in this household did.

On the other matter, I think Aunt Jill may be delusional! Ok, I'll be nice and downgrade that to wishful thinker!

Love and miss all you guys!

joyfuljourney said...

I will admit it was wishful thinking. I've never been able to think clearly when it comes to the affections of my niece and nephews. Especially when it comes to saying "Aunt Jill". Remember, we thought Little L would NEVER say it?

As for remotes at JAR's house - weren't they velcroed to the coffee table at one time?

JAR said...

At least the kids can say Aunt Jill ! Mine is always butchered in the most unusual ways. Does make it kinda fun, though. Wonder how little grabby-hands will attempt it!

And, yes, the remotes once had a home with Velcro. We switched to a basket on the coffee table in the new room since the old coffee table remains in it's original location. You know nothing stays the same in my house for long!!!

ShelleyRo said...

Jack said, "Baby Caden pooping?"