Monday, November 27, 2006

There is just no accounting for taste...

Well, it's that time of year...time to pull out the Christmas music and decorate the Christmas tree. Since this is the 1st Christmas in our new house I am very excited about decorating. I have found out that all the decorations we used to cram in our small-ish house now get lost in our large-ish house. It looks kind of sad.



But anyway, this being our 1st year in this neighborhood also means that this is the first time we have seen the decorations of our neighbors. Now, we live in a pretty nice area...we aren't talking Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous here, but nice enough. I was pretty excited Saturday when I saw the icicle lights and the luminaries going up on our street...I love, LOVE luminaries. And to me, you just can't go wrong with white lights! Then THEY decorated their yard. Yes, them...the ones with the yard decorations from...well...you know where!



Say it with me...



PICK.A.THEME.PEOPLE!!!!



That's right, they have quite a collection of Christmas decor. The Nativity scene, moose, deer, snowmen, Santa (the plastic light up one and a stuffed one), candy canes, lights thrown here and there and a MERRY CHRISTMAS sign to end all signs. It is the type of yard that makes you cringe a little thinking that you will be having Christmas parties at your home...and your friends will see their yard...in all it's misguided holiday glory.



But hey, it will give us something to laugh about. Maybe we can even have a contest to see who can guess how many light up candy canes there actually are!

4 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

I can just see the disgust on your face! There is a house down the street that is old and falling apart, but occupied. This morning I took D to school and there they were, in the yard of that house - a ginormous inflated Santa and a ginormous inflated penguin. My gosh!

Here's what irritates me too - the yard scene where Santa is peeking in the Nativity - all reverent-like! Give me a break!

kacole said...

Yeah, I hate the Santa/ Baby Jesus thing too. I mean, it just doesn't even make sense. If you are going to mix the two...at least give Santa some appropriate clothing.

LIFe - Matt said...

i bet moose tipping pretty fun!

LIFe - Matt said...

i like to think of my theme as..."low key". :)

At least our two strands of lights outside make our daughters happy. :)

i bet our neighbors are thinking, "why bother putting anything up if you're just going to do that?"

oh well, it's fun watching my girls get all jumpy with excitement every time we turn on the lights. :)