Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Gone with the Wind

Today it is VERY windy outside...and this was the phone call I got earlier this morning at work...

Little Elderly Lady: "I, auhhh, just wanted you to auhhh know that the auhhh wind is gusting up to 45 miles an hour right now."

Me: "Oh really?" (Sighing to myself)

LEL: "Auhhhh, yes."

(long pause...because I thought this would be where she would get to the point)

Me: "It is pretty windy out there!"

LEL: "Well, auhhh don't stand under any trees becuase you know auhhh old what's his name that I was friends with auhhhh was standing under a tree when a auhhh branch broke off and landed on his head. Auhhh...killed him. Auhhhh yeah, so be careful out there."

Me: "Oh my goodness." (laughing to myself...not because the man died, but because this is why she called...to tell me this)

LEL: "Well, maybe I auhhh will see you tonight...if I make it out in this wind."

Oh to have nothing else to worry about but the wind.

(and in case you wanted to know...it was the boob lady)

1 comment:

joyfuljourney said...

If it's windy at your house, you should be in dusty ole cotton country! I thought G was going to fall over on the sidewalk earlier. J said the wind is blowing so hard that he fell down in the street this morning!!! That's some gust! He's such an idiot! I told him not to play in the street.

All night long I kept thinking something was going to come crashing through the window, or the roof! The trash dumpster is near our bedroom window and I kept hearing the lid crashing open and closed all night! The dirt from the farms is blowing all over the place! YUCK!

But, I'd rather deal with all that than the boob lady!