Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Backoff girls, he's all mine...

Last week when we went for the ultra sound I had back to back appointments. The first (at 3:00) was to see the nurse practitioner and listen to the heartbeat...which I foolishly thought would only take 10 minutes or so. The second appointment (at 3:45) was to have the ultra sound. Well, since the nurse didn't get in to see me until 3:30 (and she had about a billion questions and was in no particular hurry to do anything) I informed her that I had another appointment and was going to be late. So she ran out of the room to inform the other doctor I wasn't ready yet and would be a few minutes late.

So after she was done listening to the heart and stuff... she whisked me out of the room and down the hall to the check-in desk. Then she had R check me out at the OB/Gyn desk. Here is his account of the events.

So he steps up to the desk with all my paperwork and all three ladies just look at him. Finally one brave soul says "Can I help you?" Kind of like "Surely you have taken a major wrong turn somewhere because why would you be at this desk with your paperwork??"

My dear husband, always on the prowl for the chance to give someone a hard time, says "Yeah, I need to check out and schedule my next appointment!"

She asks "Well, who did you see?"

He says "Jan, the nurse. And let me tell you that is was really uncomfortable and very awkward!"

All the ladies laugh. He hands her the papers and she starts looking for a new appointment date. She names a couple of times and dates and he agrees to one then asks if she will write this all down.

"Well, can I trust you?" she asks.

"Of course you can. Well, actually the last girl I said that to is down the hall having an ultra sound... so maybe not."

At least there is never a dull moment in my house. Can't wait to see what kind of crap my son will pull on me. He will have a good teacher.

2 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

Oh, what a guy!

Beaver said...

I am laughing so hard, the puppy just ran in here to check on me! What a hoot! And, good luck to you, too! My sweet little boy is his daddy times 2 or 3!!!!