Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Gender Issue

There just isn't much happening in my world these days. Well, things are happening, but not anything really very interesting. I kind of feel like my life is on hold until next week when we will hopefully find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I feel like I can actually get some things accomplished at that point. I will know what furniture we are getting for the nursery, I will know what color to paint the walls, I will know what bedding I will want to use, and so on.

Oh, and we will know which name we will be using for our little peanut...Emmaline Cinderella (family name) or Maximus Octavius (like the Gladiator). If you do not like our name choices...well, that's just too bad...and since we have made our decision you can also stop making suggestions! Max and Emma aren't so bad! Except that my sister has a dog named Max...but he won't live forever!

But if we don't have a successful ultra sound next week, then we are going to get the 3D ultra sound at a place in Austin. I am hoping we don't have to do this - because quite frankly the pictures can be a little frightening! Plus we would like a little bit of a surprise at the end - and not already know what he or she might look like!

By the way...these may or may not be the actual names that we use...but seriously guys we have the book of 100,001 names...if we can't find something out of there to name our baby then we shouldn't be parents in the first place. But we appreciate the thought...and you are more than welcome to suggest...but if you get a fake smile and an insincere "Thank you" then don't take it too personally...it just really gets exhausting.

4 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

Very cute! Have you really been bombarded by name suggestions?

Earlier we were watching Lost. If you haven't seen it, then don't read this! When Claire learned who her father was, James said, "Oh my gosh, Jack is her brother!" I laughed so hard! Did he think I couldn't figure that out? Why do guys like to state the obvious?

Idiots!

kacole said...

My good friends that know how annoying it is to have constant name suggestions - don't suggest anything. But there are other people who feel that we need suggestions (especially here at work).

LIFe - Matt said...

Have you guys thought about Randara or Karandy? :)

Anonymous said...

Actually Viv told R that a perfect girl name would be Ella Princess Lacie but I wouldn't suggest that to anyone.