Friday, March 16, 2007

The Pregnant Mind

This morning I got into my car and went through my mental checklist (as I put everything into the passenger seat) to make sure I had everything I needed for the day.

keys - check
purse - check
sunglasses - check
jacket for when I freeze to death in the office - check
remote for the t.v. - check
head back into the house to return remote to the coffee table - check

The sad thing is that I had not even used the remote this morning - so I have no idea when I picked it up. It is amazing I make it through the day at all.

6 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

I wish I could tell you it gets better! Just wait until you have more than one kid wanting your attention, hubby comes home from work talking to you, and you are trying not to burn dinner - all this on half a brain! AAAAHHHHH!

How can having kids make you dumber and smarter at the same time. I almost spelled dumber like this - dummer! See what I mean?

Anonymous said...

My 2 sisters - Dum and Dummer.

kacole said...

I guess we are an interesting family - the two dummies and the idiot.

Anonymous said...

Just a comment from your Auntie--what you are going through and will continue to suffer from for the remainder of your days is
P.I.M.D. (Pregnancy-Induced Mental Retardation).

Anonymous said...

Comment #2 from your Auntie--See, I still have it. It isn't P.I.M.D.
It is P.I.M.R. (Pregnancy-Induced Mental Retardation).

Makes me wonder about all those spelling tests I just graded!

joyfuljourney said...

I love being in this family!! By the way, the wife says we can have "idoit" but she has dibs on "moron" for the brother.