Monday, October 29, 2007

I survived...

Well, I did it...I survived my first day back to work. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. When I dropped him off he cried because it was time to sleep but nothing was "normal" for him. The room was bright and noisy and nobody was familiar. But after a little while he fell asleep and made it through the rest of the day pretty easily. I got this note:


Hey Mom,

I had a good day. I sat up today
[in the Bumbo] and played on the floor.
I met a new friend named
Benjamin. I liked to watch him
play on the mat. I decided to
try and talk to him and he
talked back to me.

Caden

I did fine all day until I got a gift from a lady at the church. In it was a page on which she had typed "Pray Scripturally for Your Children". Then she went on to list short prayers and the scriptures that accompany them. But the sweet thing was that she inserted his name. For example:

...Help Caden to love righteousness and hate wickedness.
May Caden be joyful always...

After that I pretty much lost it. I am glad that there are several people in the daycare who really love on him. I know he won't be neglected. But I did miss him and counted down the minutes to 5:00 pm. Can't wait for Friday!


1 comment:

joyfuljourney said...

Am I gonna cry every time I see his picture? That is the sweetest face and I really need to kiss it!!