Friday, October 05, 2007

My new perfume...

So the other night the boy and I were going to run to the store to pick up more of the many baby accessories that you have to have on a regular basis (and which I assume are what makes babies so darn expensive). I only have these small windows of time where I know he won't be hungry...and it was the last bit of time I had before he was down for the night. So I quickly grabbed him up, loaded him in his car seat, gathered the diaper bag (in case of unforeseen blowouts)...but as I headed to the door a little voice in my head reminded me that maybe I should look to see if I was decent enough to venture out of the house.

So I ran to the bathroom for a quick peek and decided I would do. But as I turned to leave I noticed something in the mirror...I backed up and looked again...yep...there it was...all over my black shirt...white caked on spit-up all down my back.

My new fragrance...Eau de Curdled Milk...it's really sexy!

Did I change shirts you ask? Pssh, I don't have time for such luxuries. I just wiped it with a damp rag to really bring out the smell!

2 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

It's times like that you think "this is what I prayed for? This is what I waited so long for?"

Welcome to the Mommy Club! You wear that spitup like a badge of honor, girl!

Beaver said...

Ewww, I remember that well... And it's always worse if you're breastfeeding... probably why I didn't last too long with that each time. Well, that and they didn't make nursing bras my size... You skinny girls have it much better.