Friday, October 19, 2007

While they sleep...

I was watching Caden sleep last night...

There is really something so special about watching him sleep. I started wondering if I would always be that amazed at watching him. When he is four will I still be captivated by his sweet little face? When he is ten will I still check to make sure he is warm or if he needs a blanket? Will he still let me check on him when he is a teenager? Maybe not, I guess that would be weird. But I can't help, right now, to be so overwhelmed by this little person. I hope I always take the time to be amazed by him... grateful for him... even when he gets a smart mouth and learns how to roll his eyes.




5 comments:

ShelleyRo said...

Those pictures are so sweet, even when he gives someone the finger at school you will still check to see if he is okay at night.

joyfuljourney said...

Yes! Even when they are four and ten you will continue to check on them, cover them up, kiss them one more time, say a prayer over them. You will never be able to just go to bed without looking in one last time. Seeing their sleeping faces will always bless you and fill your heart to overflowing. Even if one hour before you wanted to wring their necks, you will be overwhelmed with gratitude.

It's one of the perks of motherhood!

Beaver said...

When they get a smart mouth and learn to roll their eyes, those beautiful sleeping moments will be even more special and YES you will definitely want to catch those times when they can't roll or smart!! :-) And I think as long as you don't ever STOP watching them sleep or checking on them, they won't know you shouldn't! :-) I've been known to pick up my sleeping 12 year old and cuddle her at night...

ShelleyRo said...

Jack looked at Caden's pictures and said, "He black, I white"

joyfuljourney said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! That Jack! He's racist and big sis flips kids off at school! What is going on at your house???

Of course, I say all that in fun!