Monday, March 17, 2008

This morning...

...we didn't have to rush.
...I didn't have to wake him up.
...I didn't have to cram him in his car seat while he protested loudly.
...he didn't have to wait "in line" for someone to feed him his cereal this morning.
...I don't have to sit at my desk feeling like I am wasting time.
...I don't have to deal with any bitter, mean co-workers.
...I won't have to come home drained and in a bad mood.

Why?

Because this is my first official day of being a stay-at-home-mom!

This is how we spent our morning!
(Although, you might notice that the pesky laundry basket has re-entered the picture!)

6 comments:

JAR said...

Woo hoo!!! Looks like the boy is enjoying the new arrangement!

Can't wait to see you guys later this week. I'll call soon.

LIFe - Matt said...

We have had to "upgrade" from the laundry basket to the laundry couch.

ShelleyRo said...

He does look happy but it is sad to walk in and know he isn't there to hold on my early days from work.
Are those Jack's jammies?

Nissa said...

Congrats Kara!! I'm glad that you are able to stay at home!

Beaver said...

Oh, how exciting! I still remember each April 23rd - the anniversary of my resignation from full-time teaching. Oh, what a glorious day! And that is why I now work part-time at the church... :-) No, it's really so much better when it's a "ministry" instead of a "job". Anniversary #11 is coming up soon! :-)

Dani Smith said...

congrats kara! how's it going?
you'll have to come visit us during the week!