Friday, September 15, 2006

My brother's family couldn't make it to the 4th O' July bash. But they did get to come see the new house and stay for a visit over Labor Day. Since we are now (happily) without the pool...we played a little Shuffleboard...the sport of cruise-ship-dwelling-seniors everywhere!


Here we have the...ahem..."Leader" showing us how the game is played. The best thing about playing with Levi is that he does this little hop-step before sliding the disk. That in itself was hours of entertainment for me!!


Now this boy has some shuffleboard skills!
I mean...everyone was good...but Luke had the skills while the rest of us (except the husband) just had dumb luck.


Now, I think the Hope-sters goal was more along the lines of how she looked playing the game...not so much how well she played! But then again...she does have a bit of an aggressive side...as demonstrated by the look on her face.


So that wraps up Part 1 of the End O' Summer series. Next up is What I Did On My Summer Vacation.

1 comment:

joyfuljourney said...

Great tribute! Thanks for not including pictures of the adult siblings and cousins! We don't all look so great soaking wet!

I wish I could have been there to see JRR's kids playing shuffleboard. I SO love laughing at Levi with you!

By the way, I think that IS what Jack was saying! Wasn't he sitting on his daddy while he ate that cookie?