Friday, September 15, 2006

A Tribute to the End of Summer...Part 1

Not that it won't be hot for another 4 months, but, ya know...technically it is becoming fall.

Part 1 - THE GUESTS

For the past few years we have had a somewhat-annual-get-together of the siblings and cousins for the 4th of July. The weekend is full of swimming...cookouts...cookies...and a great deal of fun!

Best pic of the whole summer:














If we could understand him, I think he would be saying one of the following...
a) "Come here often?"
b) "Hey baby!"
c) "My water wings aren't really inflated...those are my actual muscles!"
d) "If you like my Big Bird water wings...you should see my Elmo beach ball!"



















Daniel is mastering the art of sliding without holding on to the sides...all the way down...with his hands and feet...which...when sliding in this manner...makes the most horrible screeching noise (you know, due to all the friction and stuff)...and it, in fact, makes the trip to the water REALLY slow!




If I can recall correctly I believe what Jack is saying here is "NO, I did not eat your cookie...and I really resent the accusation!"

I think that is what he said.







And here we just have Vivi...your basic miniature DIVA...complete with stylish swimsuit cover-up and shades to match.

I am not sure what to say about the cheesy grin...but I am sure she will LOVE this picture in about 12 years.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Just stopped by -- saw at SuperMom's that you are joyful's sister. She stops by my blog occasionally, and we evidently live not too terribly far apart! Precious pics of summer!

joyfuljourney said...

I think what he's say is..."How YOU doin'?"

Is it OK to talk to your cousin like that? Did Brandon ever talk to you that way? Or give you one of those looks?

We're a strange bunch!

By the way, if you have the time, check out Sarah's blog. She's a great writer!

kacole said...

Well, I don't think it is anything dirty...he is just practicing his skillz. But I don't think that Brandon ever said anything like that to me.