Thursday, February 08, 2007

What time is noon?


On the 2nd Thursday of each month we have a LLL (triple L) meeting which stands for Live Long and Like It - it is for the senior citizens of our area. They get together and play dominoes all morning, then have lunch followed by a program such as "How to not be taken advantage of by salesmen" or something like that. Well, you know old people, it doesn't really start until noon, but they get here at 9:00 am to get a good parking spot and play dominoes.


So anyway, this morning I get a phone call from one of the LLL ladies, here is how it went:


Me: "FBC, this is Kacole."


LLL Lady: "Uh, yes honey, what time does the program at noon start?"


Me: Is this a trick question? "What time does the meeting at noon start?"


LLL Lady: "Yes... today... what time does it start?"


Me: "Uh, it starts at noon. The noon meeting will start at noon today." As though we would start it at 1:00 pm or something...just to throw them all off.


LLL Lady: "Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if it started at 11:00 or not."


And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I usually want to pull my hair out at the end of the day!

1 comment:

Beaver said...

And, of course, at church you have to smile, grit your teeth and answer like it's a perfectly understandable question to be asked . . . I feel your pain! Thank goodness I'm not at the front desk. I wouldn't last!