Saturday, August 23, 2008

6 Random Things About Me

I was tagged by MommyDani78 at Connect. So... hey, it's something to blog that doesn't necessarily revolve around the boy.

1. I have one eye that is two colors - a fourth-ish brown and the rest blue. People love to point it out to me. They usually say something like this..."OH MY GOSH, did you know that your eye is two different colors?" After years of this I finally responded by screaming "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH... WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!.....yes, I did know that." Fun times.

2. I still go in the boy's room every single night to make sure he is breathing and to watch him sleep. Half the time I secretly wish that he would wake up so that I could pick him up and hold him for just a little while. I could stand there for hours and just watch him, thank God for him, and pray over him.

3. I love to make up words. I don't know if it is a good thing or not... I am sure it will be a horrid embarrassment to my children if I kept it up forever. Some examples are:
slickery or slippy - mostly meaning slippery
snuggy - meaning something like cuddle or snuggle
crappity crap - meaning...well, you know
I am sure there are others, but you get the idea.

4. I am terrified of spiders. TERRIFIED. REALLY, REALLY TERRIFIED. I hate them. If they are smaller than a plain M&M (legs and all) I can handle them, but any larger and I start to freak out a little. It all stems from some terrible childhood traumas with tarantulas and a nasty run-in with a brown recluse a few years ago. Just a couple of weeks ago I had a screaming fit in my kitchen when I ran across one by the garage door (he was MUCH larger than an M&M). I was really embarrassed by all the screaming, so thank goodness I was alone at the time... I may have even cried a little. Snakes- no problem... lizards - they're so cute... spiders - no.

5. I wish that I had a green thumb. I would love to plant oodles of flowers all around my house and have the most lavish and amazing yard in the neighborhood, but I kill all flowers that I come in contact with. It makes me very sad. Plus, I have terrible seasonal allergies and would probably die if I spent much time outside.

6. I love photos. If I could... or if I thought it wouldn't make me seem crazy... I would wallpaper the wall with photos. When the boy was less than a month old I ordered prints of more than 500 pictures of him. If I were better at it, I would be a professional photographer when I grow up. For Mother's Day I got a new Nikon...and oh, it is a wonderful thing! But I also love to think that someday my grandchildren can look at the photos and be as amazed by them as I am of photos from my grandparents. Maybe they will be just a short glimpse into a life and a time that they know very little about... a legacy of sorts.

So there you go. Interesting? Probably not. Fun for me? Yes.

I am going to tag whoever out there might be interested. I would love to read what you have to say!

2 comments:

Dani Smith said...

Very interesting! I loved reading random things about you! :)

LIFe - Matt said...

Hey, thanks! You were such a critical part of the youth ministry while I was there (and I'm sure you were before and afterwards as well).

Dani and I were, and are, so thankful that you were there when we were. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have lasted as long as I did had you not been there.

And, you are a great photographer. I'm still using all those pics you took of me and my family when we were leaving. They're on most of the ministry stuff I have!