Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh, thank heaven...

I got in my car this morning to go pick the boy up from Mom's Morning Out (woohoo). Earlier this morning I had taken the boy to Mom's Morning Out (woohoo), gone grocery shopping and come home to unload said groceries.

When I got back in my car to pick up the boy I suddenly remembered I had been really low on gas a few days ago and I should probably stop to get some on the way to the church. Then I backed out of my driveway and headed toward my favorite gas station (several miles away). Thankfully, I looked down to see how many "miles to empty" I had only to discover this... "***miles to empty". Oh dear. It must be a bad sign when you have so few miles to empty that they don't even register on the reminder. Then I looked at my gas gauge... it was past the E. Oh crappity crap.

So I quickly changed my course and headed straight to the closest station... the 7 Eleven. It was still several blocks away and so I turned off my AC, took my foot of the gas, leaned in to the steering wheel (it makes the car more aerodynamic, you know) and prayed that I would make it there. Thank goodness there was nobody behind me since I was zooming along at about 20 mph. But I made it... I puttered right up to the pump and breathed a huge sigh of relief (and relaxed my hunched over back).

After getting the gas I looked down at the receipt which read..."Oh Thank Heaven for 7 Eleven"... yeah, you have no idea!

2 comments:

joyfuljourney said...

"crappity crap" - that's good!

Someone should alert the Obama "think tank" that leaning forward while driving is also a good way to conserve energy. I just knew that having enough air in my tires wasn't my only course of action!

Best part of this story is that you didn't have to call the husband and admit you'd run out of gas.

Anonymous said...

Crappity crap crap
Crappity crap crap
Watch that Nissan go!

That's a good idea joyfuljourney. We should call the party platform committee.