Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh, the secrets they will share...

This afternoon both kids were playing on the floor in our game room while I was sewing. I could hear the boy telling things to the girl the whole time. He would tell her about his cars, ask her questions about her toys and just talk to her in general. At one point I heard him toot. I looked up in time to see him lean in close to his sister and whisper into her ear...

"Sister, I tooted." as quietly as his two year old voice would let him.

It was funny. But it was also a sudden glimpse into a future of many shared secrets between them that I will never be a part of... and I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of envy that I won't be part of that world. But I am so happy that they have each other!

2 comments:

ShelleyRo said...

It won't be a secret for long, soon he will shout it from the roof tops, or blame his sister.

JAR said...

I think blogger should have a "like" button like facebook. :) like, like, like! That is so very sweet!