Monday, October 05, 2009

10 Things I LOVE about the boy...

Please understand that there are an infinite number of things I love about him, but here are some of my favorite things.

1. I love that he has a receding hairline... before he has even gotten much hair. I inspect his hairline on a regular basis wondering if the hair will ever fill in there. We have to leave the top long to help hide it!

2. I love his nose. It is so cute and little. When he was born several of the nurses commented on his "cute little button nose" and ooohed and ahhhed and giggled over it every time they saw him.

3. I love how his voice changes to this high-pitched "sweet" voice when he is talking to Mama Frog or his baby sister. It is the cutest thing!

4. I love how much he LOVES cars, trucks, and trains... and bulldozers, front-end loaders, tractors... etc. He plays with them all day long every day!

5. I love that he wants to look at his hair in the mirror every morning to see if he has "crazy hair". If he does have crazy hair, he laughs and says "Mommy, bad hair day!"

6. I love that he loves music. I love that while singing the days of the week song in preschool the other day he jumped up and started dancing! That's how much he loves to sing... and dance.

7. I love that he has a good heart. He is so loving and helpful to his family and friends. But we knew he was going to have a good heart, even before he was born.

8. I love that when he toots, he blames everyone else in the room and avoids owning up to it himself. "Oh, daddy tooted. Oh, no. Chia tooted. Oh. Uhhh, sister tooted."

9. I love that he loves books. It tickles me to no end for him to ask me to read to him. I look forward to the days when we read exciting stories like The Chronicles of Narnia and... well, there are just too many to mention.

10. I love that he will eat anything... except Cheetos! The boy wants to try any and everything the dad and I eat. Rarely... very, very rarely does he not want more. This tickles his father to no end... he can't wait to introduce him to sushi... in hopes that the boy will love it... thus giving him a reason to eat it more often!

But, more than anything I love being his mommy! He is such a blessing!

3 comments:

Angie W said...

love this!! What a treasure to have these sweet and funny things written down to remember for years to come! priceless!

Misty V said...

beautifully written! children are so each to love!

Tricia Rush Richner said...

kids are great. Could you even imagine the love you'd feel for these little beings?