Sunday, October 04, 2009

What we've been doing...

Things have just been hopping right along around here. I have been trying to update the blog, but it has not been cooperating with my photos... and I just don't have all day to mess with it... so I keep giving up on it! But today we have success... well, except for the fact that I posted the photos in reverse order of occurrence. Oh well... just try to follow along!

Today has been a lazy day... mostly because both kids decided that 4 am was a good time to wake up. The husband and I then spent the rest of the night going back and forth between them trying our best to convince them they were mistaken in thinking it was time to get up. We were finally successful at about 7 am. But that didn't last long, they were up and ready for the day by 8:30. Sigh.

As always, the boy LOVES music. He would listen to it, dance to it, and sing to it all day long if I would let him. The other day he burst out with a rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star... we didn't even know he knew that one. It seems he learned it at preschool. His teacher says that music time... and playing outside... are his favorite times of the day! Also, note that his clothes don't fit him. The boy is growing like a weed and I am not sure that anything I bought him for winter will still fit him by the time it is cool enough to wear them!
The girl is growing quickly too! Her newest discovery is spending time in the ExerSaucer. I think she enjoys it, but she gets really frustrated with the toys and her lack of ability to get them into her mouth!

Can you stand this? She sleeps on her tummy now... and her hiney is always in the air! It is so darn cute!

We also recently celebrated my birthday. We won't discuss which one it was... but I am starting to feel a little old. We'll leave it at that. The fam got me this adorable... and yummy... cake! I also got a sewing/ embroidery machine... and the list of projects is growing by the minute. But it gives me an excuse for buying more fabric... and that is my most favorite thing to do! The husband is just so glad I have another reason to spend money!

It has been raining a lot around here... and since our backyard is in desperate need of landscaping... we have a TON of mud! It is great when you have a huge dog that likes to track it in all over the house and two small children that play on the floor! One of the many reasons I so love this time of year! (Can you sense the sarcasm?? I'm laying it on pretty thick!)

Anyway, in better trying to allow my boy to express his boyness... I let him play in the mud the other day! Thankfully he didn't go too crazy. Just this little bit of mud caused me to need to spray him down in the tub... then clean out the tub... then give him a bath. Sometimes it just isn't worth it to have fun! Okay, not really... it is totally worth it!



In early September we also watched the cousins get their black belts in Karate. It was so exciting, and stressful, and amazing... and stressful. I am glad I had no idea what they were going to have to do... I am not sure I could have handled it.

My boy... thinks he is just as big as the cousins are. I am glad he isn't there yet... those boys are growing up way too quickly.

I took pictures of the event (along with a few other people) in hopes of capturing some great moments. I took 630 something pics... hopefully we got some good ones! Plus it helped me not think too much about what was going on... thus less stress for me. I sure am glad I wasn't the mama there... phew!




Well, that is about it. We are getting ready for the holidays... gulp. I just can't believe how quickly the months are passing by! Each year it gets more and more exciting as our family grows larger and the kids get bigger! It's such a fun adventure!

3 comments:

Tricia Rush Richner said...

Oh my gosh. . .I love the one of him in the mud. All 4 of ours went and played in the muddy ditch today too.

ShelleyRo said...

Can he wear size 3 shirts?

kacole said...

Shelley, probably. Arm and leg length are our problem. A skinny waist is another problem, but thankfully you can get adjustable waist pants! He is probably going to be tall like his dad.